The original orchard was planted by the Farmer family after whom "Farmers Road", the road to the town, is named. Apple Starr Orchard parcels cover approximately 28 acres of which 8 acres are planted with apples and pears. Parts of the land were earlier used as a milk dairy. The old barn was constructed in the early 1900s.
There are approximately 1000 trees with their numbers balanced between apples and pears. The trees range in age from 20 to 70 years and the majority have low branches that children can access. We only use certified organic products and are inspected annually to maintain our certification.
- Ample parking
- Picnic tables under the black oak
- New bathroom in the old barn
*Third photo pictured above is accredited to Mike Schriber